Welcome to César Chávez Elementary!
César Chávez Elementary
3502 Maple Grove Dr.
Madison, WI 53719
KG - 5th Grade
Monday from 7:50 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday from 7:50 a.m. to 2:47 p.m.
- Tuesday - Friday (Morning Session) 7:40 a.m. to 10:52 a.m. (Afternoon Session) 11:33 a.m. to 2:47 p.m.
- Main Office Telephone Number (608) 442-2000
- Safe Arrival (Absences/late arrival) (608) 442-2085 or electronically at https://www.madison.k12.wi.us/attendance-information
- Fax (608) 442-2100
- School Psychologist, Jane Rasico-Hoffman (608) 442-2011
School Social Worker, Andrea Herrera (608) 442-2012
School Nurse: (608) 442-2008
- Kelly Lawler, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Mullen, Assistant Principal email@example.com
- Kelli Kruser, Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Herrera, Social Worker email@example.com
- Jane Rasico-Hoffman, Psychologist firstname.lastname@example.org
Chávez is a 4K - 5 elementary school located on the far Southwestern portion of the city in the Maple Grove area off County Rd. PD.
Our class size depends on the grade level.
- Kindergarten and First Grade - 18-22 students per class
- Second and Third Grade - 24-26 students per class
- Fourth and Fifth Grade - 25-27 students per class
Bus services are provided to students who live more than 1.5 miles from Chávez. We currently have two buses that transport students who live in the High Ridge Trail neighborhood. Specific bus route information for students can by logging into the parent portal and clicking on the transportation section for your child
MMSD requires that bikers wear a helmet to school and must be able to lock their bike during the school day. Board of Education Policy states that a student age 10 or older may ride a bicycle to school. (The principal may make an exception upon written request by a parent.) The school guidelines ask that an adult accompany young bikers (under age 10) to school.
Front Parking Lot: Please observe the signs in the front of the school. You may park in designated parking slots only. Please do not park/leave your vehicle unattended in the traffic loop of the front parking lot.
Staff Parking Lot: The rear lot behind the school is for staff only. This is not a drop off, pick up or turn around area. Students must enter at their designated door.
Menus can be found online here. Students have two options for school lunch or may bring their own lunch from home. Milk is included with the purchase of lunch. Students who bring their lunch to school may also purchase milk. Sorry, we do not have the means to heat your child's lunch from home. Payments can be made directly on MealPayPlus.com. You may also send a check with your child to give to his/her teacher or come into the office to pay. Free/Reduced Lunch -- it is important if you think you might qualify to complete an application to prevent charges to your student's account. Apply online now!